Sunday, August 3, 2008

Flights to Hawaii

We left for Maui on Sunday morning and stayed Saturday night at The Sheraton in Houston at IAH. It was a really nice room for the price. Eventhough there were some interesting people at the pool area who thought they were alone. Rick and I had found the inside pool area with a hot tub, so we went upstairs to chante and I was looking outside from the 8th floor at the outside pool area where I found 2 men sunbathing their backside while making thier swimsuits into thongs. Knowing that Rick and I definitely did not go swimming outside. We decided to just stick with the hot tub. IF ANYTHING WENT ON IN THEIR the SCORCHING HOT WATER WOULD HAVE DISINFECTED IT!!

So the next morning we left our Hotel at 5:40am to catch the shuttle to the airport. Really nice thing is at this hotel the shuttle runs 24 hours a day and you can catch a ride every 20 minutes. So we left our car there so we wouldn't have to pay for storing it at the airport.

Our first flight was from Houston to Phoenix. When we checked our bags in it asked us if we wanted to upgrade to FIRST CLASS there were still some seats left on the flight from Phoenix to Maui. So I looked at Rick and asked what he wanted to do? He say go ahead let's fly First Class! So we flew first class on the long leg of the flight. Back to the houston flight in coach I had to sit in the middle of the seats. Rick was on my Right and Tanner was on my left. Took off and things were going great. Then Tanner fell asleep laying his head on my shoulder said ok no problem let it go. Oh yeah by the way Tanner is BLIND! So he eventually takes his head off of my shoulder and then starts rubbing my thigh. I get very wide eyes and start looking at Rick. So I say Tanner do you need something. He says very politely no just feeling around, like to know who I'm sitting by. Said ok, well my name is Laura and I'm from Texas. He goes back to sleep and then it happens again! I don't want to say anything because he is blind and he is just feeling around to see where he is at is what I hope he was doing, Those two hours couldn't have gone any faster if I wanted to . But when we were getting ready to get off the plane he told me I have wonderful legs and that is what made him get through this flight. So is Tanner really blind????

The flight from Phoenix to Maui was a MUCH better flight. We were in First Class, very roomy well worth that extra money my husband sprang for!! The flight was right at 6 hours but went by pretty fast we watched Catch me if you can and then I took a 2 hour nap and then read my book for a while. Time just passed on by. I took some pictures from the plane when we were flying above just water and then some when we were getting close to Maui. Here are some of those pictures...





This picture is about halfway to Maui thought it was a beautiful picture of the dark blue sky with clouds below and then the Ocean.




This is a picture of a rainbow from the plane. WE are almost to Maui at this point about 20 minutes out.


When we landed we headed to get the baggage. That took a while but all of our luggage made it. Thank goodness. We went to go get our rental car we had reserved a midsize car but they ran out so they upgraded us to a SUV for free but they ran out of those also. So they upgraded us to a Jeep which is pretty cool all free of charge. Will post a picture of the jeep later. Keep forgetting to take a picture of it.











Anyway when we found our condo we called Christina to see where they were at. Christina is a good friend of mine since elementary school that moved in high school and somehow we have always managed to keep in touch. We got a hold of her and they were already starting to get ready for dinner that night. We all had reservations at the Grand Wailea restrauant called Humuhumunukunukuapua'a! Yep that's what I said. Have no clue how to say it, and as they say if you can't pronounce it, it must be pricey and that it was. Rick had the surf n turf for $55. and I had and NY Strip for $42. This was our night to splurge. We went out to Celebrate Jason (Christina's Fiance') birthday and his cousins Matthews' birthday. But a big Thank you goes to Jason's mom and stepdad and his sister Jeanette for picking up the tab for everybody's meal.

This is our view off of our balcony at the condo




Here are a few pictures of the Hotel where the restaurant is located. Sure we couldn't afford to stay one night there!!

This picture is taken coming in to the resort/hotel.







Picture of Christina, Jason and thier son Mason.



Picture of Rick and I











Picture of a waterfall/brook inside of the resort.A wonderfuly sun setting picture from our dinner table.

No comments: