Wednesday, August 6, 2008

State Park

Today was kind of a relaxing day or so we thought. We headed out with Christina and Jason and one of the Groomsman Marcus to a State Park. It was pretty small but really beautiful. No one warned us that it would be a workout!!! It had tons of stairs and lots of steep hills, not really easy carrying a bag and Mason. I thought I was going to just pass out! HAHA!! That tells you how out of shape we all are. In this picture the hill behind us is called IAO Needle it is 2500 ft.

The next picture is of Me and Mason taking a break after all of those stairs and steep hills.

After the break Jason and I decided to hop the fence and take some pictures with the stream in the background here are some of those pictures..






This is a picture of Marcus climbing down the rocks so we could get a better angle for the picture.


Picture of Jason (daddy) and Mason

Picture of Christina (mommy) and Mason
After all of the walking we drove to Lahania and did a little bit of shopping. First store we went to was a little convient store called ABC Stores. It has tons of stuff in it, alot of variety. We ended up picking up the kids some t-shirts from here and I got a little sundress to wear over my swimsuit. From there we decided to drive a little further down the road to Hilo Hatties. It also had some clothing, knick knacks and jewelery. Well I was browsing around the jewelry counter with Rick and a lady asked us if we wanted to try a key to the treasure chest. Said sure why not? So Rick and I both got a key. I WAS A WINNER!! Rick not so lucky. So I got to pick out a pouch from the treasure chest and what ever the paper said in there is what you got. So I pulled it out and it said 60% off a pearl. So she showed me the Oysters and said pick one out. Each oyster has a pearl in it, so I picked one out and ended up with a pink pearl, and I get to take 60% off, Awesome so what's the trick, if you get it set here you get to pick out another oyster. So she shows me a couple of settings. I found one I really liked and get it set. I let Rick pick out the next oyster. Boy was he lucky he picked one out and it had 2 black pearls in it. They are beautiful. We decided to just leave the 2 black pearls alone and will bring them home and figure out what to do with them.
I was thinking maybe a pair of earrings or 2 rings. One for me and the other for Aubrey. But who knows what we will do. Here is a picture of the pearls.

Tomorrow Christina and I plan to go out early and get some last minute things for the wedding and meet everyone else out snorkeling. Will post more later!!

No comments: