Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy and Recovery

Life has been a little hectic lately. Between Aubrey's cheer leading and Matthew now playing soccer we always seem to be on the run. From the title you read the word busy and the word recovery. In mid February I ended up having a hysterectomy, although in the end it will be worth it the recovery has been a little rough.


This past weekend was Matthew's first soccer game with the VYSO. I was unable to attend but Rick and his parents were there to take the pictures for me.


Coach Stanford helping Matthew get ready for the game! Coach Stanford is actually the girls high school soccer coach. We are very fortunate to have a great coach for our 1st soccer season.
This is a picture of the team minus one player. We only have 6 team members and 3 players get to play on the field at a time.



Here is a picture of Matthew and his teammate Shepard discussing their game plan.

And a picture of Matthew going after the ball.
Although we lost the game Matthew had a great time playing soccer. He can't wait until the next game.

While Rick was with Matthew I was with Aubrey in Houston for nationals cheer leading. My parents drove us since I'm still recovering from the surgery, I'm not allowed to lift anything over 10 pounds. Which is very hard not to do since the kids want me to pick them up.

Aubrey had a fun weekend, she actually did her best this past weekend even after the coach changed her spot so she had to learn a little bit more moves for the cheer. Hopefully when I get the video in I will be able to post part of it.

Here are a couple of pictures of Aubrey this weekend. I don't know why Aubrey's pics are larger than Matthew's I guess it's the camera's.Aubrey getting ready to go back stage and warm up

Aubrey out on the stage with her pom poms.

Aubrey with her trophy.

Aubrey with her friend Samantha.

Hopefully next time it won't be sooo long between posts.

1 comment:

Fabulous Family of Five! said...

Awe...cute pics! Hope you're recovering & get back to normal soon! :) And yes, don't leave us hanging so long between updates!!! XOXOXO